Wykes Engineering is a progressive company with a strong proven background in renewable energy systems, waste process solutions and heavy industrial plant and machinery. We can offer an exciting and stable career within a varied working atmosphere and the opportunity to develop your career within a friendly working environment. We now seek an experienced Production Manager who has a fabrication/welding background, with supervisory/management experience and looking for a company where you can implement your own systems and build a good working environment.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To manage the fabrication and welding shop floor staff, ensuring all orders are completed and costed effectively. You will have a welding background and will be able to read drawings and advise staff on the best way of completing each project.
Understanding the quality side of the welding production, attending weekly production meetings and most importantly working with other departments to ensure each project is costed correctly and allocated the correct amount of production time on the shop floor.
You will have the responsibility of the recruitment of the shop floor staff, apprentices and the development of the team.
- Efficiently manage the production department in line with specifications, meeting quality and delivery
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with all health & safety procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of
- Manage/minimize departmental costs and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at al
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Extensive manufacturing, welding and fabrication level experience with significant proven supervisory
- Understanding of manufacturing and procurement/supply
- Health & Safety qualifications and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.