Wykes Engineering is a progressive company with a strong proven background in renewable energy systems, waste process solutions and heavy industrial plant and machinery. We can offer an exciting and stable career within a varied working atmosphere and the opportunity to develop your career within a friendly working environment. We now seek an experienced Production Manager.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Lead the production function within budget and output targets to meet company requirements and standards. Full accountability for ensuring safety, quality, cost and delivery requirements are met. Responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team by building working relationships ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. Manage the team on best practice and maintain policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading teams. Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern production principals.
- Efficiently manage the production department in line with specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations.
- Effectively manage a multi-disciplined production team of approximately 50.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with all health & safety procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff.
- Manage/minimize departmental costs and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times.
- Responsible for meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing engineering team.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on production
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Relevant production/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
- Extensive manufacturing and fabrication level experience with significant proven supervisory experience.
- Superior technical understanding.
- Good understanding of manufacturing and procurement/supply chain.
- IOSH/NEBOSH, ISO 9001, 18001 & 1400.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.