Wykes Engineering is a progressive company with a strong proven background in renewable energy systems, waste process solutions and heavy industrial plant and machinery. We can offer an exciting and stable career within a varied working atmosphere and the opportunity to develop your career within a friendly working environment.
We are looking for a candidate who has excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with senior engineering management, full production teams and between all departments.
As an Engineering Co-Ordinator you should have a good working knowledge of engineering practices and materials, project planning, procurement best practice and quality management.
- Undertake interpretation, preparation and costing of proposals for all types of manufacturing and engineering equipment, machinery, controls and systems to produce and present finished quotations for clients.
- Provide a pivotal role in supporting departments with regards to project planning and costing, scheduling orders and associated work through the various manufacturing facilities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Carry out interim and final job costing including analysis and reporting.
- Effectively communicate between departments monitoring improvements and cost savings, as well as monitoring the quality of the output.
- Work closely with the operations, design, production, engineering & continuous improvement teams for business development.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Relevant engineering qualifications preferred, HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
- Ability to read and understand/interpret basic construction & manufacturing drawings, as well as experience in developing and executing project plans.
- Excellent communicator and fits well within a team
- Can deal with multiple stakeholders across the business
- Demonstrable ability to analyse complex cost submissions.
Excellent commercial awareness.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.